Locate/Protect a missing Mobile using StayConnected
Update:From 1 July 2020, StayConnected Advanced will no longer be available for new consumer customers. StayConnected Advanced will continue to be available to Small Business customers.
If you took up this extra before 1 July 2020, StayConnected Advanced can be redeemed as per the existing terms of this service. You can check to see if you have this extra in the My Telstra app or My Account.
If you’ve lost your Device and have Telstra’s Stay Connected Service you’re able to use the online portal Manage content, locate, lock, and alarm your eligible device or remotely erase device data (if your device allows these features).
2. Select the Mobile Service that you’re trying to locate using StayConnected
3. Click Manage to go to the StayConnected Dashboard via the “Included Add-on” section
4. This will take you to the Dashboard, where you sign in with your Username and Password at the top of the page.
5. Once you’ve signed in, click the SECURE tab at the top of the page.
The page that loads will show you the last recorded location of your device. If you do find that your device is in someone else’s possession, rather than at a business or your house etc, please don’t attempt to go to the location retrieve the device yourself. Try calling the phone to see if the person answers and is willing to return the device to you (in a safe location so you aren’t putting yourself in harm’s way).
If no-one answers your phone, or if they do and won't return the device, you may want to report this to the Police along with the location that StayConnected has provided.
6. If you’ve decided that the device is out of your control, there are some additional steps that you can take to protect your data by clicking the Secure icon.
The Data Protection features are only available for iOS and Android devices. Some features may not be available on both operating systems.
The features available are:
- Remote lock(Android only)
- Remote device wipe(iOS and Android - iOS devices wipes contacts only and requires end user acceptance)
- Alarm(Android only) –device must have an active data connection (Wi-Fi/3G/4G) and voice connection (SMS), must not be on 'silent' and user open notification.
If you need any help with any of the Data Protection Features, locating your device using the online portal, or any further assistance at all with a Lost or Stolen device for which you’ve got the Telstra StayConnected service, please give us a call on 13 22 00 and say 'stay connected'.