xoobri
Level 1: Cadet

2.4ghz band disappeared from network

Recently had a technicolor DJA0231 with firmware 18.1.c.0585-MR7.1-RA delivered. On startup install everything went well and had multiple devices connecting with nil concerns. However 2 days ago suddenly lost wifi connection of devices which can only connect to 2.4ghz radio band from the modem. I've contacted assistants via the messaging service and 3 so far have been unable to diagnose or fix the issue from their end or through instructions and even a hard reset.

Currently only home devices which can connect to the 5ghz band are working as intended. I have seen similar threads with people stating the hardware fault to 2.4ghz radio is common. I see no alternative other then having a replacement sent. All diagnostic tests, even the ones within the config advanced page, all show no transmission coming from the 2.4ghz radio on the modem, even though the standard broadband page states ' all working' in reference to 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands. As of now the case has been escalated to level 2 and I should have a telstra representative call within next 4-24hrs. Has anyone had this same issue and had a resolution? I'd be able to hear how it was resolved. Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 2.4ghz band disappeared from network

The only resolution is a modem replacement. I had the same problem about a year ago and Telstra replaced the modem.

xoobri
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. I thought this was the case. After speaking to 2 techs on telstra messaging, over a 90min period it was finally escalated. Just from similar cases already posted, which i referred to and evidence found also to substantiate my case, it seems a replacement was the only fix.

Just out of curiosity was it something you urged for (a replacement)? or did they attempt to resolve it remotely before coming to the same conclusion themselves?

cf4

I found it very easy to get the replacement modem but I know that others have had to contact support several times before they received a replacement.

They will try to fix the problem remotely, you just have to be patient, firm but polite. If they ask you to do a test or change a setting do what they request even though you might have done it before. You can tell them that you have already done that before but if they still want you to do the test do the test.

FredK
Level 3: Gumshoe

When did you start experiencing this? I have the same problem which started about a week ago (early Feb 21) after an outtage.

It took me a week to figure out that was the issue - I am on the phone with Telstra now and they are adamant the issue is my devices and not the modem. Not sure what to say about that - are they suggesting all my devices which works on 2.4Ghz only stopped working at the same time..? I have also run the tests myself by switching off band steering - none of my devices can see the 2.4Ghz channel.

Have they confirmed they are sending you a new modem?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more