Jaydeebee1
Level 1: Cadet

4G back up modem on NBN Modem not connecting

I ordered NBN FTTC some weeks ago and have had the modem at home waiting for NBN to come and and connect.  I currently have ADSL.

NBN people are not comming out for a couple weeks, so today I installed the new telstra modem/router, and it worked immediately with my current ADSL connection.  I did not have to do any settings at all.

I Then plugged in the 4GX backup modem into the USB port which came with the modem, hoping this would give me better speeds.  The modem does not connect and the light stays red - should be blue or orange, on the 4GX dongle.

When I got into the router settings, mobile internet, mobile info, it shows strong signal under the mobile connection tab,  but when I look under connection status, it shows disconnected, but it is getting a signal.  I have strong 4G signal in my house so that is not a problem.

Connection settings for the mobile internet are

password - I cant see it and was not provided with one

APN = telstra.internet

PDP = IP

Dialing string = *99#

ttyport = ttyUSB2

Anyone have any ideas why I can not get the mobile backup 4G connection working.

I have been provided the Netgear V7610 modem as I am on a business account

Thanks in advance for any help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: 4G back up modem on NBN Modem not connecting

Have you disconnected the DSL port on the modem? The 4G backup is only designed to operate about 2 minutes after main connection is lost

Stef_3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 4G back up modem on NBN Modem not connecting

Hi @Jaydeebee1

Just checking back in to see if you need any further help or support?

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more