GjBees
Level 3: Gumshoe

4GX Wi-Fi Plus - Change Security

Answered

Hi,

I have a 4GX Wi-Fi Plus dongle. I've not used it for some time. Today I purchased a post paid plan. Got a new SIM and it works ok, but when connected on my iphone it states 'weak security' and wants me to change the security to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3. It's currently WPA (personal).  How do I do this? The previous device page http://m.home to make changes no longer exists.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: 4GX Wi-Fi Plus - Change Security

If the Gateway and the 4GX device have the same IP, that will explain why you can't get to m.home site..

If you are connected to the 4GX modem, then yes, you will need to disconnect from the Gateway to access the 4GXC GUI..  I think you can also plug the 4GX into a USB port and connect that way..

If you get into the 4GX, you might want to change the IP address and the IP range to something different to 192.168.0.X..  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Sounds like you are connected to the NBN modem. Make sure the device you are accessing the 4GX GUI is only connected to the 4GX Wi-Fi.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
SteveW_52

I think the default ip for that device is 192.168.0.1   you should be able to enter that into the browser address bar..

http://zte.co.nz/downloads/User_guides/MF910B_Help.pdf

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
cf4

Have you tried going to http://192.168.1.1

You should be able to change security to WPA2-PSK by going to Settings > WLAN Basic settings

GjBees

192.168.0.1 is the address of my Telstra Gateway broadband FTTN modem. I can access it ok and make changes. Should I turn off the gateway modem and try again? The 4GX Wi-Fi modem is for another location. Just setting it up for that.

GjBees

No that times out. However, 192.168.0.1 is the address of my Gateway NBN FTTN modem. I can access it and make changes. The 4GX W-Fi plus modem is a 2nd modem providing Wi-Fi.

SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

If the Gateway and the 4GX device have the same IP, that will explain why you can't get to m.home site..

If you are connected to the 4GX modem, then yes, you will need to disconnect from the Gateway to access the 4GXC GUI..  I think you can also plug the 4GX into a USB port and connect that way..

If you get into the 4GX, you might want to change the IP address and the IP range to something different to 192.168.0.X..  

Stevo 52

cf4
Accepted Solution

Sounds like you are connected to the NBN modem. Make sure the device you are accessing the 4GX GUI is only connected to the 4GX Wi-Fi.

GjBees

that was it! thanks. Silly me!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more