Bassman63
Level 3: Gumshoe

5GHz/2.4GHz

Answered

Not having any trouble with my modem which is a F@ST 5355 situated in my garage but need to educate myself.  When logging in to the modem I have two choices 5GHz or 2.4GHz. Both work fine and both "icons" show full bars so my questions are 1. in my case is 5GHz the best choice? and 2. I presume that the modem 5GHz is not the same as having a 5G mobile or interent service? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: 5GHz/2.4GHz

1. Yes your best choice it 5GHz. It doesn't reach as far as the 2.4 GHz but is faster.

2. Yes the modem's 5GHz WiFi is not the same as a 5G mobile service.

When I had the F@st5355 modem I would set up a connection for both WiFi bands and then connect to the 5GHz WiFi. The device would connect to the  modem's 5GHz WiFi signal when close to modem and automatically connetct to the modem's 2.4GHz WiFi signal when the 5GHz WiFi signal was to weak.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: 5GHz/2.4GHz

1. Yes your best choice it 5GHz. It doesn't reach as far as the 2.4 GHz but is faster.

2. Yes the modem's 5GHz WiFi is not the same as a 5G mobile service.

When I had the F@st5355 modem I would set up a connection for both WiFi bands and then connect to the 5GHz WiFi. The device would connect to the  modem's 5GHz WiFi signal when close to modem and automatically connetct to the modem's 2.4GHz WiFi signal when the 5GHz WiFi signal was to weak.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more