Gavin31
Level 1: Cadet

AC750 Wifi Mesh Extender keeps dropping out on Telstra Smart Modem 2

I have a new NBN connection using a Telstra Smart Modem 2, everything is excellent, apart from wifi reception in a couple of rooms in the house. I bought a DLink AC750 (DAP-1530) (https://www.dlink.com.au/home-solutions/DAP-1530_AC750_Mesh_Wi-Fi_Range_Extender) wifi mesh extender hoping it would help.

Setup was no problem, works amazing into the dead spots, however the extender keeps losing connection to the router, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after an hour. I've tried extending the DHCP lease, giving it a fixed IP, have moved it into the same room as the router, nothing seems to work, it keeps dropping out.

I had a friend test it at his place on a basic netgear router and he had it up for 2 days without issue.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Any suggestions on what I can do to fix?

Thanks!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: AC750 Wifi Mesh Extender keeps dropping out on Telstra Smart Modem 2

There are two versions of the Gen 2 Smart modem, one made by Arcadyan (LH1000), and the other made by Technicolor (DJA0231). Which version do you have? The model no is displayed on modem's log in page.

Does the extender have the latest firmware?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more