nicksowerby
Level 4: Private Eye

Accessing my Hard drive connected to my 1st generation Telstra modem 228c47

Currently I have my Telstra modem working as a modem connected to an Orbi rb40 working in AP mode as it has better wireless. I have a 1 Tb hard drive connected to the Gateway through the USB connection. The gateway recognises the hard drive and it is set up as DNLA and sharing. In windows explorer I can see network as Telstra-Gateway, clicking on that connection moves to the hard drive name. Clicking on that freezes explorer. same thing happens if I click on PC and go to map network drive. the hard drive is set up as NTFS and I have put a number of folders on it as music, pictures etc. However I am unable to actually access any folder. I am using Windows 10 with the latest update, network sharing is on as is home network. I am missing something but not sure what. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Accessing my Hard drive connected to my 1st generation Telstra modem 228c47

Have you enabled SMB1.0 on your PC?

nicksowerby

yes smb 1.o/cifs filesharing support plus the three under plus smb direct

cf4

If you plug a USB flash drive into the modem are you able to access the files on the thumb drive.

nicksowerby

yes i can

cf4

The problem could be the drive is to large. Maximum size is 4TB or permission problem. If drive is 4TB or less plug the drive into a PC and check that all users have read write access.

nicksowerby

hi cf4,

Strangely enough i ejected the usb reconnected the hard drive and now i can access it.

The only thing that i might have not done is ejected the hard drive at some time in the past but anyway it now works.

Thanks for your interest

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more