Draco
Level 3: Gumshoe

ACL whitelist settings disabled by restarting modem

Setup my whitelist in my wifi acl mode settings last night. This morning had wifi connectivity issues on my phone & hence plugged off power to my Telstra nbn smart modem2 & replugged after a few mts. Wifi connection to affected device came back on. However noted that last night's ACL whitelist settings were gone & now default to "disabled"!!!! Is this normal? Will this happen again if I try to reinstate the whitelist once again? Can someone knowledgeable about this please provide some guidance?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: ACL whitelist settings disabled by restarting modem

Which version of the Gen 2 modem do you have?

Draco

Arcadyan LH1000

@cf4 wrote:

Which version of the Gen 2 modem do you have?

cf4

WiFi ACL settings don't get reset by a reboot on the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 modem DJA0231. Iwould only expect that a factory reset would rest WiFi ACL ssttings on any modem or router.

You could the set up ACL white list again and save modems config file and see if they are reset on another reboot. If reset can restore config file without manualy having to renenter all ACL settings again.

Draco

@cf4 wrote:

WiFi ACL settings don't get reset by a reboot on the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 modem DJA0231. Iwould only expect that a factory reset would rest WiFi ACL ssttings on any modem or router.

You could the set up ACL white list again and save modems config file and see if they are reset on another reboot. If reset can restore config file without manualy having to renenter all ACL settings again.

Thanks. Thought likewise that only a modem reset would take it back to factory defaults, not a modem reboot. In fact I have other settings like IPV6 unticked in my settings (based on one of ur suggestions in April on a different post)... & those still stayed as is after my reboot today. It's just the ACL settings that cleared out! Is this something unique to the Arcadyan LH1000? Will I get any joy taking this up w Telstra NBN call centre? (Suspect not!)

Btw how do we save & restore the modem config file?

cf4

Advanced > Management > System Reset > Save Settings.

I doubt if just yourself reporting the design fault will result in a firmware update to fix the fault.

I used to have the LH1000 but it had to many design flaws. Telstra swapped it for the DJA0231 when I tried to get then to produce a firmware update to fix the faults. I don't use a whitelist so I missed discovering this fault.

Draco

@cf4 wrote:

Advanced > Management > System Reset > Save Settings.

I doubt if just yourself reporting the design fault will result in a firmware update to fix the fault.

I used to have the LH1000 but it had to many design flaws. Telstra swapped it for the DJA0231 when I tried to get then to produce a firmware update to fix the faults. I don't use a whitelist so I missed discovering this fault.

Sorry and how do we restore the config file when required? Is this process safe for a layman to do or are there any risks that are present in doing a system reset? And is system reset same as resetting the modem?

cf4

You don't actually do a system reset which is the same as a factory reset. The option for saving the modems config file is on the system rest tab. It is perfectly safe to save the modems settings and restore them at a later date.

Draco

Thank you. Will try setting ACL again in due course & test out if there is a drop out again. Grateful for your patience & helping simplify solutions for laymen like us! This platform is credible only because of experts like you always willing to help others! KUDOS!

@cf4 wrote:

You don't actually do a system reset which is the same as a factory reset. The option for saving the modems config file is on the system rest tab. It is perfectly safe to save the modems settings and restore them at a later date.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more