Level 1: Cadet

ADSL TO NBN (FTTC)

Answered

I live in an area where all my neighbors have NBN (Fibre to the curb)  - But when I looked at NBN rollout map, ADSL was the only available option for my house. 

It has been like that for 8-10 month - I have communicated with NBN and Telstra without any result 

Then approximately 5 weeks ago it was suddenly possible (according to the NBN roll-out map) to get NBN to my house

It was my understanding that the upgrade to NBN would happen automatically as soon NBN had the infrastructure in place - but the reality was different - nothing happened by itself!

Unfortunately, I couldn't upgrade my Telstra ADSL to NBN on Telstra's webpage ( ADSL was the only available option according to Telstra)

Then I took a chance and contacted Telstra via the NBN rollout map and placed an order for a highspeed NBN connection - and voila - suddenly I also received a confirmation email from Telstra with my order number!

I was maybe too optimistic and thought that everything would be fine - now one week later the order is still processing - and I haven't received a formal order confirmation yet.

I wonder why it has to be so difficult for Telstra to send me the NBN connection box (self-install) so I finally can get some speed on my internet ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: ADSL TO NBN (FTTC)

The delay in transfer to NBN might be due to your premises not bei ing connected to a DPU in the street. You have to be class 32 or higher before the NTD can be sent and connected. You you enter your address at this site it will display your NBN class.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Sagemcon-F-st-5355-Manual/m-p/643374

Service Class 30Service Class 31Service Class 32Service Class 33Service Class 34

This area will be serviceable by FTTC.
The premises is serviceable by FTTC, but does not have a lead-in yet.
FTTC service that has a lead-in, but is not yet connected.
Premises connected to FTTC is now connected, but an NCD (nbn™ device) is still required.
The premises is now fully connected to the FTTC network. Appointments do not need to be made for activation. Activation can take 1-5 business days.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The delay in transfer to NBN might be due to your premises not bei ing connected to a DPU in the street. You have to be class 32 or higher before the NTD can be sent and connected. You you enter your address at this site it will display your NBN class.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Sagemcon-F-st-5355-Manual/m-p/643374

Service Class 30Service Class 31Service Class 32Service Class 33Service Class 34

This area will be serviceable by FTTC.
The premises is serviceable by FTTC, but does not have a lead-in yet.
FTTC service that has a lead-in, but is not yet connected.
Premises connected to FTTC is now connected, but an NCD (nbn™ device) is still required.
The premises is now fully connected to the FTTC network. Appointments do not need to be made for activation. Activation can take 1-5 business days.

View solution in original post

Correct link to check NBN class is

https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-poi/

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more