Ary74
Level 1: Cadet

Apple TV is not connecting to WiFi on Telstra Smart Modem

I have 2 apple TV's at home which have been connected to the WiFi at home with no issues. Just recently, after an outage, I cannot connect either of my Apple TV's to the WiFi. I can see the WiFi on the list, but cannot connect. It either won't connect, or give me a message that it cannot connect. This is ONLY an issue with both my Apple TVs. The rest of our devices are connected to the WiFi with no issues.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ary74

Apple TV not connecting to WiFi on Telstra Smart Modem

I have 2 apple TV's at home which have been connected to the WiFi at home with no issues. Just recently, after an outage, I cannot connect either of my Apple TV's to the WiFi. I can see the WiFi on the list, but cannot connect. It either won't connect, or give me a message that it cannot connect. This is ONLY an issue with both my Apple TVs. The rest of our devices are connected to the WiFi with no issues.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Apple TV is not connecting to WiFi on Telstra Smart Modem

Did the Apple TVs update to tvOS 14.5 when they rebooted?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ary74

Not sure, I will check when I get home. Is this a known issue with 14.5 and WiFi connections?

Jupiter

Not sure yet. There have been problems with iOS 14.5 and Telstra TVs reported here since its release. I will do a bit of digging and see what I can find in the forums.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more