Mrsriggers
Level 2: Rookie

Arcadian modem LH1000 stuck in backup mode

I recently got the above modem when I changed to fttc NBN.

When the modem is connected it automatically goes to backup mode as the front light is blue.

I checked the back lights:

Online, WAN/DSL, Mobile mode and Wifi are green and mobile signal is orange.

But the front light is always blue, hence always stuck in backup mode. 

We have contacted the fault line multiple times and they refuse to acknowledge there is any issues with the modem, however when we connect our old technicolor tg799 vac the nbn works fine. This has been explained to the faults service line and they continue to refuse to do anything about it. 

Does anyone know how yo get the smart gen Arcadian modem off back up mode?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Arcadian modem LH1000 stuck in backup mode

Have you tried a factory reset?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mrsriggers

Yes multiple times.
Telstra even send another Arcadyan modern and it does the exact same thing.
cf4

You might still be connected to ADSL and the modems ship with a generic user ID and password Try entering your Bigpond username (Full primary email address) and password in the PPPOE section of the Basic > Broadband settings. To log into modem open a web browser on a device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1. Modem log in ID and password is admin / Telstra.

Mrsriggers

I tried what you suggested and it didn’t work.
Mrsriggers

Cf4 do you have any more suggestions?
Jupiter

Being an FTTC connection, what colours are the lights on your NBN Connection Box (the one that your Arcadyan Modem is plugged in to)?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

I have no further suggestions. If the TG799 works Ok when connected to the NBN NTD then the Arcadyan modem should also work when its Red WAN port is conned to NBN NTD. I have seen post were the Arcadyan modem if running firmware v.05.04r had problems working on a FTTC connection. The firmware can be checked by going to Advanced > Info Summary in the GUI of the modem.

Mrsriggers

The firmware is on 4.14r and never updates.

When the modem is on backup mode the internet hardly even works.

cf4

I would say the old firmware is the reason why the modem is not working as it should. Normally the firmware should automatically upload over the internet connection. I am not sure if it will update over 4 G backup. Latest firmware is .07.05r. Ring support and request that they supply another modem or update the firmware in your current modem. If support want update the firmware or supply new modem lodge a complaint. You can lodge a complaint over the phone or by using online form.
https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more