NH123
Level 2: Rookie

Arcadyan LH1000 for FTTC

Answered

I have copied my log below for the last day or so, which definitely includes droputs of the nature I have experienced regularly over the last few months. Does anyone have any advice about any network or modem settings - I have Arcadyan LH1000 for FTTC NBN - that could alleviate these droputs? Or do they indicate a NBN fault?

Any advice appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Arcadyan LH1000 for FTTC

Turning Band steering off want make a difference. The problem is the connection between the modem and the Telstra server.

The LAN light on the NTD continuing to flash indicates modem connection to NTD is OK

The other lights remaining on indicates the no problem with NBN link. So not a street cabling fault.

The modem front light going orange indicates the modem has detected a loss  of the connection to Telstra server.

The modem Front light turning blue indicates modem has switched to 4G backup mode

The modem front light turning green indicates modem is connected to Telstra server via LAN port.

Can't really say what precisely is causing problem but a good place to start is to replace modem. Is Telstra doing anything to fix the fault? A factory reset of the modem might fix the fault.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter

It is indicating that your modem is losing the connection to the NBN NTD.

It could be a fault with the NBN service, the WAN port of the modem or the NTD.

Have you tried plugging a computer directly into the NTD to see if it suffers the same dropouts?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

The logs indicate a intermittent fault causing the modem to lose it connection to the Telstra server. It could be due to a number of reasons, most likely a cable fault between the DPU in the street and the NBN FTTC NTD in you premises. Do any of the lights on the NBN NTD change when the drop outs occur?

NH123

The NBN lights all seem to stay on - the LAN light continues to flash. The Modem goes to orange, and eventually blue before back to green.

NH123

I don't have the ability to do that.

NH123

Should I have band steering off? And should have IPv6 enabled?

cf4
Accepted Solution

Turning Band steering off want make a difference. The problem is the connection between the modem and the Telstra server.

The LAN light on the NTD continuing to flash indicates modem connection to NTD is OK

The other lights remaining on indicates the no problem with NBN link. So not a street cabling fault.

The modem front light going orange indicates the modem has detected a loss  of the connection to Telstra server.

The modem Front light turning blue indicates modem has switched to 4G backup mode

The modem front light turning green indicates modem is connected to Telstra server via LAN port.

Can't really say what precisely is causing problem but a good place to start is to replace modem. Is Telstra doing anything to fix the fault? A factory reset of the modem might fix the fault.

View solution in original post

NH123

Have done resets for both router and NTD now. Will hope that helps. Thanks for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more