bigorangecat
Level 2: Rookie

Arcadyan LH1000 - How to install NordVPN to this router

Answered

This router supports OpenVPN so has anyone managed to install NordVPN server configuration file to it?

every life should have nine cats
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Arcadyan LH1000 - How to install NordVPN to this router

You can't install Nord VPN on the modem. Nord VPN has to be installed on a device connected to the modem. The settings in the modem only port forward the port that Nord VPN uses to the device with the IP address set in Destination IP address. In the example in the image the Nord VPN server would need to be set up on the device that has an IP address of 192.168.0.2.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I'd be interested know if you get this to work, because I never managed to..  Smiley Sad

What you are shown is port forwarding options really..

My own experience with trying device based VPN's indicated that Telstra appear to throttle VPN traffic anyway, every time I have tried I got limited to 25 Mbps D/L..    but I could have been doing it wrong..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4
Accepted Solution

You can't install Nord VPN on the modem. Nord VPN has to be installed on a device connected to the modem. The settings in the modem only port forward the port that Nord VPN uses to the device with the IP address set in Destination IP address. In the example in the image the Nord VPN server would need to be set up on the device that has an IP address of 192.168.0.2.

View solution in original post

bigorangecat
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks, you've described the worst scenario.  Damn stupid modem, I'll just have to get a 2nd router for NordVPN.  You have been totally helpful, much appreciated.

every life should have nine cats

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more