Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond USB 4G not working on Mac OS El Capitan

Not Happy! Phoned Telstra help about updating our 3G Mobile USB and was told the best option so we could keep our Bigpond email address was to just purchased a Bigpond USB 4G from a Telstra shop.

Okay we thought so we went and purchased a Bigpond USB 4G outright ($192) and now find out that even though on the packaging is says System Requirements Mac compatible OS X 10.5.8 or later IT ISN'T!!

Even the Tech guy didn't say its not and we had our laptop with us. He even tried to set it up for us but thought that the Telstra Customer Portel was just slow. And said it should be right in 24 hours.

WELL IT'S NOT.

Why haven't you fixed this problem of incompatibity. It's not good enough.

So am I now out of pocket for the cost and not able to access my data?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Bigpond USB 4G not working on Mac OS El Capitan

Hi Kaz65,

I am not aware of any issues with El Capitan and the USB Mobile Broadband devices. 

Can you confirm that you have uninstalled the connection manager software and downloaded the latest version which is available via this link and let me know if you are able to connect?

You will need to complete the registration of the new device.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more