Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

C6300 USB HARD DRIVE DISAPPEARING

Hi,

I am having issues with my USB hard drive disappearing from network when connected to the Netgear C6300( Telstra Gateway Max).

Basically when I restart the modem it works fine, can use file sharing and DLNA through all my devices without any issues, it indexes everything and all good.

Then after about 30-40 min it disappears from the network and I cant get it back. The USB light is still green on the modem and the hard drive light is still on but i can't see it.

When I log into the modem it no longer shows as being connected.

Even if I unplug the modem and reattach nothing happens, I have to actually restart the modem for it to work.

Any Ideas on how to fix this?

I know I am not the only who has had this issue, however I have been through everything I can find online including what's on crowdsupport and can't resolve the issue.

My hard drive is a seagte backup slim 2TB.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: C6300 USB HARD DRIVE DISAPPEARING

Hi,

Are you using DHCP?

Is the DHCP lease (time) long enough?

Your mention of 30-40 mins makes me guess a lost (expired lease) IP address.

Just an idea.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

Um maybe a stupid question but how do I know?

When I go into DHCP it has "static IP address" listed to the address for the media server, whereas for all other devices it will have a time & date for when the lease expries.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Well ... if the DLNA server has a static IP address then an expired lease IS NOT the problem ... Smiley Sad

Back to square one now ... Smiley Frustrated

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more