Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cable internet working

Hi this is a new installation, and day one WiFi internet worked however hard wired did not. Was told to try another laptop as not responsible for hard wired. Other laptop did nothing. Called tech support last night could not help, now WiFi does not work. Called tech support to trouble shoot by hard reset of modem and router still nothing. This is a brand new installation what is wrong? The components I have is a 600 series Hills hub in garage with 8 Ethernet switches. A net gear Telstra modem which is connected to port 1 of the Ethernet switch. Inside the house the Telstra gateway router is connected to wall socket in study room. (I assume this is correct because it did work for WiFi at the start). Have tried to connect to laptop from wall socket direct bypassing router still nothing. Tech visit is for Mon afternoon however would like it fixed sooner. Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cable internet working

Hi gmavrot,

Telstra technicians would only be able to test with the Telstra Gateway connected to the initial connection point and the switch or other internal network sockets being outside of the connection boundary. 

Hopefully the gateway was tested while isolated to the incoming connection which means the technician should be able to restore the connection this afternoon for you.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more