CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cable Modem C6300BD Firewall Questions

HI,

Having a new Cable service just installed, I have noticed that the Netgear C6300BD Modem has limited ability (Stand to be corrected) to configure the Firewall. Basically I was going to set it up on Medium to control outbound connections but that then limits my ability to connect to work via VPN (PPTP). Can the Firewall be "tweaked" to keep it on the Medium setting and also allow outbound PPTP (VPN)?

My Second question, I cannot ping the modem on the pblic address. Is there a setting to enable this? Why, I use PRTG to monitor my network connection form a remote site. I am using "ping" as the monitoring protocol and would like to enable this on the modem.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Cable Modem C6300BD Firewall Questions

Hi again Antonio, if you pop along to the following link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6300/C6300_UM_15oct14.pdf

You'll find the full user guide (PDF) for these units, and settingsi etc. that you can configure there.

I think it should provide you with all your answers and then some.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Cable Modem C6300BD Firewall Questions

HI,

Once again your manual is nothing like my modem. The options listed in the manual don't exist on my Cable Modem. I think Telstra have a propriety image installed compared to your images and manual instructions.

Not helping me much.

C6300BD-1TLAUS Telstra Cable Modem (Gateway Max)

http://www.netgear.com.au/service-providers/products/cable/gateways/C6300BD.aspx#tab-features

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more