Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

can anyone tell me the major differences between the Telstra 4GX Modem and the Nighthawk M2

I am in a rural area but right next to a Telstra tower with 100% mobile signal. Currently not happy with NBN Satellite and wondering what to try next. Would be handy to have something portable. Thanks in advance for your input 😊

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 20: Director

Re: can anyone tell me the major differences between the Telstra 4GX Modem and the Nighthawk M2

If you want portability then go for the Nighthawk M2. It's ultra small and you can pretty much carry it around anywhere. Comes with a backup battery so you dont need the mains all the time. The other 4GX modem is basically a modem with more features and ports etc. But you need the mains for that no back up battery.

At work we use both, but the 4GX modem is still in its box and never really sees the light. The Nighthawk though gets a very good workout and never skips a beat. Only thing i can suggest if you plan on using it all the time, get your self a better charger. We have been using it with one of those Comsol QuickCharge 3 plugs from officeworks and they seems to be a lot better. The one that comes in the box can be a little flaky if you have the modem on for long periods.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more