googleplex
Level 2: Rookie

Can't activate Telstra Smart Modem

About a year ago Telstra sent me a Smart Modem, because there had been so many internet outages and I was trying to work from home (like a lot of people I'm sure). 

I connect everything up, all the lights are green but I've never been able to actually activate the thing.  I get taken to an internet site on the computer (Activate your Telstra Gateway), where I enter my username and password and get an error message We couldn't Activate Your Gateway CCP0021.  There's a note in the little instruction booklet to phone 1800135103 if registration fails. This phone number has never been answered. I usually get a message telling me to call back in business hours, even though I'm actually calling in business hours. It's a good thing I kept my old modem. A lot of people on here seem to have had similar problems with this modem. Is that why Telstra gave it to me, because it doesn't actually work?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Can't activate Telstra Smart Modem

It looks like you have a Telstra cable Internet service. To activate the modem you need to register the MAC address of the cable adapter that came with the smart modem. There is a label on the cable adapter with the MAC address written on it.

If that doesn't work wring 132200 and ask for cable activation. 

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can't activate Telstra Smart Modem

Hi Googleplex. 

How did you go with cf4's suggestion? Were you able to get the modem up and running?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more