Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Can't connect to internet with PS4

I bought a PS4 pro a few of weeks ago and connected it to my WiFi - everything worked fine. Some time in the last week it stopped being able to connect to the internet. The test connection discovers the IP, but times out on the internet. No changes had been made to the PS4 or the router.

The WiFi works fine on my laptop and mobile, and the PS4 connects fine to a mobile hot spot. The PS4 is also unable to connect to the internet via ethernet through powerline. The ethernet/powerline connection works on my laptop. I've gone through all of the various DNS and power cycling suggestions on PS4 forums with no success.

I've seen a lot of reports of this issue with WiFi only, or LAN only - but none with both. Any suggestions as to a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Can't connect to internet with PS4

To clarify if you opened a browser on your play station and tried to google pineapple it wouldn't work or is the issue only to go with games?
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

All things. Going to browser and google results in 'Could not resolve host name'.
Highlighted

See response in thread (the button to reply to you direct didn't appear until after I posted... or I'm blind, whichever)

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You may need to configure some port forwarding. There have been several threads on Crowd Support which may help you with this. If you have a BYO modem, you should visit the manufacturers website for assistance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more