Ashman
Level 2: Rookie

Can't input MAC address into Static IP field on Smart Modem Gen 2 (Technicolor DJA0231)

Answered

Hi all, I'm trying to input a static IP lease but it won't let me enter the devices MAC address and is instead showing a drop down with the words "custom" with no way of entering the MAC address

I'm running a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 (Technicolor DJA0231)

Navigating in to Modems Web Admin Console > Advanced > Local Network > Static Leases 

Screenshot below. Any thoughts or has anyone else experienced this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ashman
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't input MAC address into Static IP field on Smart Modem Gen 2 (Technicolor DJA0231)

Thanks for your reply cf4.

I noticed that the modem was saying no devices were connected despite about 30 devices connected and working fine. I restarted the modem and it started showing devices and then it started allowing me to select/enter MAC addresses.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Can't input MAC address into Static IP field on Smart Modem Gen 2 (Technicolor DJA0231)

Select custom. You should then be able to manually enter MAC address. See section 8 of document linked in this post.

Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-DJA0231-unofficial/m-p/842738

Ashman
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your reply cf4.

I noticed that the modem was saying no devices were connected despite about 30 devices connected and working fine. I restarted the modem and it started showing devices and then it started allowing me to select/enter MAC addresses.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more