Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cannot connect to Frontier Gateway wifi

Hi Crowd,

Moving over to NBN (HFC), I have purchased a new Telstra Frontier Gateway. I have had continuing wifi connection issues with devices previously connected and new devices trying to connect for the first time. In either case i am unable to connect the devices to the wifi while other devices work fine. Errors that come up unclude the device cannot connect to the WiFi, the password is incorrect or it just won't connect with no error message. It has occurred across platforms and device types. The latest attempt was trying to connect a new Google home mini.

Solutions i have tried include unplugging/ powering down devices, gateway and NBN modem, automated troubleshooting provided by Telstra including the telstra dashboard app and turning off automatic band steering, all with no success.

I should also note the when using the Telstra home dashboard app i am unable to get gateway information for sharing my wifi network or remotely reset the gateway over wifi. I have had no issue with connections over LAN.

Geoff

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Cannot connect to Frontier Gateway wifi

just tried live chat for help but not very helpful. Was told that they could have helped if it was an ADSL issue but it wasn't so i should call instead.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Cannot connect to Frontier Gateway wifi

If the gateway is using a DFS channel for the WiFi 5G band try changing it to a non DFS channel

Non DFS channels are

36 - 48, 149 - 165

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more