yurony
Level 1: Cadet

cf4 please help me

Answered

Hello cf4, I recently came across this post:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/wan-not-connect-to-modem-smart-gen-2/td-p/850...

It mentions an issue with a thunder storm (had one two days ago) and a modem not connecting to the smart gen router (bingo, my exact issue).

I've been on with chat support trying to resolve this issue, but all theyve done is reset both devices and try to flick me up higher. I'm now on hold hoping to get a hold of someone over the phone.

Here is where my scenario differs to what you described in the earlier thread:

- Connecting my PC directly to the smaller modem gives me a 1000mbps link, not a 100mbps

- Connecting the smaller router to the smart gen router into a different LAN port also shows the connection as 1000mbps, and the blue network light turns on on the smaller modem

My understand of the issue you posted about in that thread is that if the connection can't handle 1000mbp it will not work, but seems like it's not faulty and does appear to connect at 1000mbp, so why can't the router connect to the smart gen 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: cf4 please help me

If PC has internet when connected directly to NBN NTD but the modem doesn't connect to internet when WAN port is connected to NBN NTD, it indicates the WAN port on the Telstra Smart modem is faulty.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: cf4 please help me

If PC has internet when connected directly to NBN NTD but the modem doesn't connect to internet when WAN port is connected to NBN NTD, it indicates the WAN port on the Telstra Smart modem is faulty.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more