Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Changed from ADSL to NBN, but white light on gateway online

I changed to NBN wifi (HNG) from ADSL. All the lights on the gateway are green except ONLINE which is solid white. I cant use internet. How can I fix this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Changed from ADSL to NBN, but white light on gateway online

What type of NBN do you have (FTTN, FTTC, HFC or Fixed radio)? Have tried powering modem of for few minutes and then back on?

The White light indicates an authentication error. If this is the first time you have used the modem check that you have the correct username and password (Primary Bigpond Email) in the PPPOE section of the modem's broadband settings. You might still be on ADSL.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank u for the fast reply. It is HFC nbn. Already tried both reboot and reset of the modem. I also checked in mygateway and it shows UP in Lan layer 1 for both 2.5 and 5 ghz. PPP is already off, 

I am not sure about the username and password, as I only found my DSL Username and password, which ends with (@myacn.net.au) in my old broadband setting). Is that the right one to put? If not, where can I find the Primary Bigpond Email?

P.S, I am a new service provider and this case is on my own house. So I am completely lost. 

Highlighted

NBN connections don’t use a username and password so wrong username would not be causing the problem. If everything is connected correctly there is nothing else you can do except contact support 1800834273 and lodge a fault. There are no settings in gateway. The gateway should automatically configure itself for a NBN connection.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more