Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

chromecast

hi

I have a new chromecast and it wont complete the connection to my wifi. I have tried all the troubleshootings available such as resetting both router/modems and the chromecast itself.. I have read your recommended solution in support, but that seems to be something about USA problem. I have tried to connect both over 2.4 and the 5. chromecast only connects to 2.4.I have tried to connect to the tv that is 3cm from the wifi and the one in other room I want to connect. it picks up everything just wont complete connection. don't know what else I can do. I am going to take it back to shop and see if it is faulty

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: chromecast

@Tommohawk82 have you been able to connect your chrome cast?
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Level 1: Cadet

Re: chromecast

Yes thankyou. I used a friends phone to setup and that worked then mine magically worked after

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more