Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cisco RV325 won't pick up WAN IP from Telstra Gateway MAX bridge mode

Answered

Hi everyone, I have recently purchase a Cisco RV325 for some VLAN and VPN functions for my needs.

My plan is a home Cable broadband with the supplied Telstra Gateway MAX (C6300BD-202). I have turned off NAT for the Modem and set it into bridge mode to make better use of my original ASUS RT-AC68U router. The RT-AC68U was able to pick up WAN address automatically without a problem. However, that is not the same story with the RV325. 

My plan was also recently upgraded to the XL plan with 1500GB of data and got a Telstra TV. The Telstra TV is able to pick up an IP from the Modem too. I wonder if the AC68U is causing a problem of obtaining IP and have tried disconnecting the RT-AC68U and connect only the RV325 to the modem. The router is capable or dual WAN which I have disabled the WAN2 and setup "Obtain IP Automatically" on WAN1. (WAN2 port was also tried to see if it is a fault.)

I also tried connecting a phisical computer to the modem directly. And it was not able to obtain a WAN IP from DHCP also. I wonder if there are specific settings that is required to be configed to obtain an WAN IP from the modem or that cannot be done theoretically. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Cisco RV325 won't pick up WAN IP from Telstra Gateway MAX bridge mode

The problem is solved.

It turns out that it is a problem that I have not power cycle the modem. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Cisco RV325 won't pick up WAN IP from Telstra Gateway MAX bridge mode

The problem is solved.

It turns out that it is a problem that I have not power cycle the modem. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more