Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Connect GEN2 router to V7610 Router to use VPN

Hello,

I have an NBN HFC connection at home with a Gen2 Router and tel line.

I am trying to establish a VPN connection to my office which runs on a Telstra V7610 smart modem (DOT) service.  Telstra has provided me with a spare V7610 for Home which worked fine on my cable broadband and PSTN line.  When I moved to NBN, whilst the site to site VPN link still works, I am unable to use the telephone line out of the Gen2 Router. 

Options are:

1.  NBN (Aris) Modem  > V7610 > Gen2...This configuration allows VPN to work.  I am able to have the tel line work for few hours (by initially connecting Gen2 directly to NBN modem then swapping routers) and then it just stops.

2. NBN (Aris) Modem > Gen2 >V7610.  This configuration allows the tel line to work but not VPN.

Notes:

Gen2 and V7610 are on 2 different subnets, So is the office network.

V7610 is running V2.2.2.6A firmware.

I am not sure if the issue is with the home V7610.  I am happy to buy a new VPN Router for home such as TP link R600VPN. but it needs to connect to office V7610 which cannot be changed.

I have not been able to use my home tel line for months....

Any help re configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jeana2

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Connect GEN2 router to V7610 Router to use VPN

Hi jeana2,

Please contact our tech team on 1800 834 273 and they will go from there in finding a solution for this issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Connect GEN2 router to V7610 Router to use VPN

Hello JessicaL,

I am sorry to say that the tech team was unable to help; "they don't know how to support this"  Their solution is to change my home set up to a business account which is not acceptable to me.

What I am asking is not uncommon.  Any respectable network will have a VPN connection of some kind.  I am amazed that Telstra "It is how we connect" cannot handle such a basic requirement. 

Does anyone have any ideas on the subject?

thank you & regards

Jeana2

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more