Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Connecting 2 netgear routers C6300BD

I have 2 telstra netgear router C6300BD.
I want to connect them both so i can have two wifi at home.
Is that possible?
Help required please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Connecting 2 netgear routers C6300BD

Hey ahmekh,

With the Cable service you can only have the one active MAC address assigned to your account and connected to the internet. Therefore in order for this to work you would have to have the main service connected directly via the Cable outlet and the second via an Ethernet connection to this modem. If you have an Ethernet cable long enough then you can have this device in another room and both devices having a different WiFi connection available for you to connect to.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks for your answer. I tried your method connecting LAN cable from LAN port of the main modem to the WAN port of the 2nd one. This didn't work. Any other steps I should do?
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you just have this connected to an Ethernet port on the second modem and not the WAN and see if this does work?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I tried multiple attempt with no benefit.
I switched between lan ports 1 to 4 without any benefit.
Sometimes I get internet but modem connection keep disconnecting.
Is there any setting or firewall I need to change ?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ahmekh

It is best that you raise this with our 24x7 Technical Support team, either by calling 133933, or via Live Chat,  http://tel.st/gq6m

Kind Regards 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more