CMc7
Level 3: Gumshoe

Connecting eufy Security cameras

I'm trying to connect the eufy Security wife-free 1080P security camera Homebase 2 to the Smart modem Gen 2 but haven't been able to make it happen. I've contacted eufy support and they said to:

Make sure I have enabled DHCP on the router and
Turn off the firewall setting on the router

They said they use TCP port 80 and 443 and UDP 0~65535 port.

I don't understand any of this. Can anyone help me, please? I'd really appreciate it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Connecting eufy Security cameras

There are two versions of the Gen 2 modem. One made by Arcadyan (LH1000) and the other made by Technicolor (DJA0231). Which version of the modem do you have and what is the version of the firmware? You can view model No and software version by opening a web browser on a PC connected to modem and going to http://192.168.0.1. The model no and firware version should be displayed on the LHS of the modem's log in page.

If you have the DJA0231 it is possible the cause of the problem is due to the 2.4 GHz WiFi on the modem being faulty.

CMc7

Hi cf4,
Thanks for helping. I really appreciate it. Here's the information:
Firmware Number 0.13.01r
Gateway Make Model Arcadyan LH1000
cf4

At what stage is the connection of the eufy Security wire-free 1080P security camera Homebase failing? Is it failing when connecting the Home Base or when connecting the camera?

If your having trouble connecting home base check that the Home base is recognized by the modem when its Ethernet port is connected to a LAN port on the modem. To check if Home base is recognized log into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra) and Go to Advanced > Local Network > Devices. There is a list of all devices connected to modem. The Home Base should be listed. Also check it has a valid IPv4 address (192.168.0.xx)

CMc7

The eufy Security wire-free 1080P security camera Homebase is failing when connecting the Home Base. The light remains blinking red rather than blue.

I can't see it in the modem device list.

I tried a different LAN cable, just in case this was the issue.

cf4

Have you tried resetting the home base? It sounds like either the base is faulty or there is an incompatibility issue between the base and the modem. The modems have DHCP turned on by default so the base should be recognized by the modem when it is connected to the modem's LAN port and assigned an IP address.

CMc7

I've tried resetting it a number of times.

I have a device named "client" in the device list. Would this be the Homebase?

Also, eufy support said to turn off the firewall setting on the router. Can you tell me if this is an option, pleases?

cf4

Firewall can be turned off at Go to Advanced > Firewall.

It could be named client. The only way to check if that is what the modem recognizes it as is to disconnect the base, refresh the browser and check if it disappears from the device list.

CMc7

Thanks so much for your help and patience. 

I tried it with the firewall turned off and it isn't named client because it didn't disappear when I unplugged it. 

I'll go back to eufy support to see if they can suggest anything further.

Thanks again.

CMc7

The eufy support came back with the information below. Can you help me to check the ports please? Where do I find that information?

I had already done this one without any luck - If your Homebase's led light is still red light, then the Homebase still does not connect with your home internet, in this case, can you restart the router and change another cat 5 ethernet cable to connect to another internet port on your Telstra router?

Please also ensure these ports are enabled already in router settings and you enabled 2.4 GHz band on your router:

1) TCP Port 80 and 443

2)UDP port 0〜65535

If the homebase still can't be connected, please confirm with Telstra router support if there are any invisible firewall set.

cf4

With Home base connected by LAN cable the base should be recognized irrespective of whether the ports are open or closed. All outgoing ports on the modem are open by default. Incoming ports can be opened by setting up port forwarding rules. Before port forwarding can be set up the bases IP address has to be known in order to set up the port forwarding. It also should not matter whether 2.4 GHz WiFi is enabled which it is by default. So the first step is to determine if the base is connecting to and being assigned an IP address by the modem.

I wasn't strictly correct in saying the home base will disappear from the Device when disconnected but its Status should turn from green to red. This want occur straight away and the browser will have to be refreshed.

CMc7

I swapped the system over for another one and have had no trouble connecting it. Turns out the first one was a dud. Thanks again for all your time and help. I really appreciate it.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more