Tony170
Level 1: Cadet

Connecting to Netgear CM450.

My laptop finds the Netgear CM 450 and my desktop did, but now desktop can't find internet. So run Diagnostics and Get "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

So after a google search and many ipconfig / (Many things) still doesn't connect?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Connecting to Netgear CM450.

The CM450 is only a modem it is not a modem router. With a Telstra cable connection there are four public IP addresses available. Every time a device connects to the CM450 the device grabs one of these IP address. You will have to wait till the lease time on one of these IP addresses expires before you can connect again. There should be an router attached to the CM450 which has a NAT and DHCP server that can provide multiple local IP addresses to devices.

Tony170
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Connecting to Netgear CM450.

That is correct I have a 2nd box and everything was working fine and still is with my laptop and phones connecting wirelessly to this connection but my fixed connection can no longer find the wifi? All I get is Unidentified Network and when I run Diagnostics I get  "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid IP configuration". It was working fine and connecting but I now switch my Desktop on and doesn't want to connect?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more