Walton
Level 2: Rookie

Difference between Technicolour and Arcadian

Hi, we have had a Technicolour smartmodem on BigPond HFC at our previouse house. When organising to move we said we did not need another router but we received another smartmodem anyway, this time an Arcadian. We have moved to nbn FTTC.

What is the difference between the 2 routers?

I ask because where we are now is an older solid brick house so I bought a Telstra WiFi booster. When this is on, the Telstra TV3 loses connection to the router. Everything was fine until i bought the WiFi booster.

Could the 2 units be conflicting each other?

Thanks in advance

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Difference between Technicolour and Arcadian

There is wiki here describing the main difference between the two modems. The main difference is in the modem's Graphic user interface. You can use either on your connection.

The WiFi booster is actually made by Arcadyan so if it works with the Technicolor modem should also work with the Arcadyan. One thing you could try is if the Telstra TV is close to the booster connect it by Ethernet cable to the ethernet port on the booster and set the TV3 for a wired connection.

Walton
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Difference between Technicolour and Arcadian

Thanks cf4,

The TV3 is nearer to the router. Just a mystery why it doesn't work when the booster (at the other end of the house) is turned on.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more