kellee1
Level 1: Cadet

Disconnect devices from WIFI

Is there anyway I can disconnect certain devices that are connected or have previously connected to my wifi service without actually blocking them?

Cheers 🙂

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jagaf
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Disconnect devices from WIFI

On your device, access the WiFi network settings. Within these settings there should be a "Forget" or similar wording button.

gallway

how do you disconnect from the wifi setttings if you cant access the device?

kellee1

@Jagaf
I don't have access to all devices connected to my broadband modem. How can I access my gateway to do this?
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Kellee1,

The best way to disconnect them would be to change the password, and add the new one just to the devices you want to connect. 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Broadband-nbn/How-To-Change-your-Wi-Fi-Password-SSID-amp-WPA/...

Please let us know how you get on - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

markmc
Level 4: Private Eye

I know this is an old post, but I think a lot of people would be wondering this in case someone you gave access to, but you no longer want them to have it can be removed.....you have the password card and would like to keep it that way instead of changing then forgetting what you have....should be a simple access for you to delete users and not going out of your way to do it......pw to connect, tap a key to flick

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more