• No, I still need help
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Discussion: Arcadyan Firmware Update Notes

@Mkrtich wrote:

Thor GW entries

health check. detect case (ThorGW)

health check init or restart

I would not expect it to occur every 15 seconds which may indicate a connection issue that the program module is having with the Cloud service. If it had not settled down, you may wish to see if a Power Restart or Factory Reset pacifies it. 

My modem updated this morning at 130am to 0.12.09r and I can tell you now that neither the Power Restart, nor Factor Reset, will fix the health check issue. However is annoying that its filling the log up with such

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi,

Is it just me or does the reboot button no longer work on 0.12.09r? When you log into the modem and go to "Go To Advanced" -> "Management" -> "System Reset" -> "Restart" it no longer actually restarts the modem whereas it did on all prior firmwares. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Just got the firmware update and it also noticed that the GUI reboot but no longer works. As well as breaking the GUI reboot button the only other function I can see that has changed is WiFi PMF is enabled by default.

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Have reset the modem less than a month ago, after problems with dropouts that have now been resolved and appear to have been unrelated.

I had not reset since early in the year, and noticed that the password complexity rules for the admin password had changed and my old password was no longer compliant. Other than that hadn't had issues until today.

Today I'm trying to add 2 port forwarding rules from different WAN ports to different destination IP addresses but the same LAN port.

Name Protocol WAN port LAN port Destination IP
machine1 BOTH 3389 3389 192.168.1.30

machine2 BOTH 3500 3389 192.168.1.35

I add machine1 just fine, but with that in the list, whether active or not if I try to add machine 2, I get an error:

192.168.1.1 says

This entry has been in list.

Given that 1) source port and 2) combination of the destination ip and port are different, this should be possible as far as I am aware.

I have found no workarounds. e.g. using a port range instead doesn't resolve it.

Product Vendor Arcadyan

Product Name LH1000
Boot Version 1.0.38-116.118
Firmware Version 0.12.09r
Hardware Version 01

Highlighted

When using port forwarding I don't use the same LAN port for two different IP address. Theoretically it should work but for simplicity I always change the port in the device or apps settings. It might be that the WAN port is already in use by another device using UPNP. Try turning of UPNP in the modem. Advanced > Local Network > UPNP. You might have to reboot the modem to clear the UPNP table. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion cf4. Switching off UPNP made no difference, so I'm even more confident it's a bug.

Unfortunately it's a pain switching the port listening for remote desktop connections on Windows. It can be done in the registry but I really don't want to. The idea was to have different ports on the router redirecting to different machines. And yes I'm aware of the security risks. I was mostly just doing this to test if it's possible to use RDP without additional software like TeamViewer.

Highlighted

I tried just TCP and that seemed to work momentarily but I can't replicate it.

EDIT:

Wow. It depends on the order you put them in.

If I put in the lower destination port first, and save in between, I can put them in as both without the error.
Validation on this page is messed up!

Highlighted

I checked it out on my modem and even when set to TCP it would not allow two devices to use same LAN port. I agree it looks like a bug in the firmware. It doesn't effect me because most of my apps or devices that need port forwarding have settings for changing the port.

Highlighted

See my response above. The order that you add the rules affects whether they are accepted. Definitely a bug.

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi - my modem updated to V 0.12.09 r at 3:56 am this morning. I have noticed some peculiarities that other people have also posted. After log-in, I was presented with a bank screen which thankfully had only one choice - a [Refresh] offer, so I selected that and it allowed me in to the Basic Menu screen. 

1. In between VoIP Telephone Service re-registration to Telstra's SIP Server, which happens every 10 minutes, every 15 seconds records appear re health checks for ThorGW and SIP. Looks like an internal mechanism to ensure the SIP re-registration occurs which was not showing up on previous firmware. Unbeknown to me I lost my telephone service for three days recently, so maybe these health checks are there to wake up the re-registrations.   My logs go back to 02.08.2020 now so, as it fills up, older entries must be written over - previously I thought I had entries that went back further than 6 weeks, so all these 15 second checks are occupying space. 

2. When the modem updates its firmware, the time stamps are interrupted by entries that are dated 01.01.2018 indicating a Start syslog FW Version 0.12.09 r with modem serial number, then continue with current date and time. 

3. Wi-Fi Booster firmware updated from WE410443B-TA FW Ver 2.02.63.11 to 2.02.64.01 but still not showing two Wi-Fi Booster folios on Basic Home Screen - maybe they only appear when you connect a Booster to the modem.

4. I may have missed this in the previous version 0.11.11 r, but the Welcome screen no longer has a Telstra Air Icon in the right hand corner - it has been replaced by a Game Optimiser Icon which has a Red Dot - maybe in preparation for a future function. I couldn't see any hint in the Port Forwarding section as to how to Enable it. Technicolor 18.1.c 0514-950 RB still features a Telstra Air Icon. I haven't seen the new version 18.1.c 0543-950 RA yet. 

5. GUI Restart looks like its doing something, going from 1% to 100% in the 120 seconds indicated on the modem, but the modem doesn't turn OFF and then back ON bringing into question if anything actually happened. No sign of a Restart in the System Log entries. Looks like an external power OFF and ON is now required to effect a Restart.

6. Wi-Fi feature Protected Management Frames now Enabled on Default. 

Highlighted

My Arcadyan LH1000 modem firmware was upgraded to 0.12.09r on Monday morning.

Then the entire guest wifi can't communication between the devices in the same guest wifi network.

My guest wifi network has Chromcast and printer connected. It caused the other devices can't use them.

Can the modem rollback to previous firmware or the bug can be fixed ASAP?

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yep...same issue here. 

Tried power cycling before and after setting the 2.4GHz "Wi-Fi PMF" to "Off" as suggested without eliminating the log entries every ~15 seconds.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

My Arcadyan LH1000 modem firmware was upgraded to 0.12.09r on Monday morning.

And since this my Chamberlain MYQ gateway device will not connect.

Does anyone know why this might be the case?

Highlighted

Firmware update turned Protected Management Frames (WiFi-PMF) on by default suggest you try turning WiFi-PMF  off in the modem.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I forgot to mention that the gateway is connected by Ethernet cable.

Highlighted

Hi - are you using your mobile phone to control the garage gateway? If so, is the failure to connect to the MYQ Garage Gateway from your Phone App occurring when your Phone is connected to the modem's 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz Wi-Fi network when you are at home or when you are remote from the home on a 4G connection? 

Can you see the Gateway in the modem's admin screen - Devices tree as active. Do you have a Static IP address set for the Gateway within the Arcadyan's settings in case it has lost its dynamic one after the modem was upgraded to the current firmware. If applicable, a power reset of the gateway should grab a new address allowing you to assign a fixed address. 

Highlighted

re the funny time stamps - I have been noticing this for a while now and in fact thought I may have had a hardware issue. Thinking about it tho I do not believe it is a fault as such.

It seems that when the modem is restarted, the time & date get reset to default (in my case 1/1/2018 10:30am). Any entries in the log will have this timestamp, until the modem does a time sync with the NTP server, at which point the modem's date and time gets updated to current time.

In the past there were generally only a couple of entries in the log with the "funny" date stamp, but it is probably more noticeable now after the 0.12.09r update due to the 15 second Thor(GW) and SIP entries occurring (ie 3 every 15 seconds) meaning many more entries before a NTP time sync occurs.

I just get the feeling that this latest version was pushed out bugs and all, to meet the proposed release of the games optimiser feature

Highlighted

Yes, inclined to agree with you re Event Log entries but I understood that Game Optimiser would be Beta trialed (first month free) for qualified customers in November for the Arcadyan modem. I am not a power user and haven't picked up any significant issues being reported on the forum with 0.12.0.9r.Time will tell. Cheers

Highlighted

As I am not a gamer, I have not really looked into Game Optimiser as such, and can only comment on what I have read by other posters here and on Whirlpool. As I read it the Beta test was initially only for Technicolor modems, with Arcadyans getting the option of a free month's trial later on. Having said that, there are some posters on Whirlpool with Arc modems that have "joined the Beta test", whereas for others it has failed . Whatever, the 0.12.09r update has been released for all Arc modems, with the result we are all experiencing the multiple log entries making the log file almost useless. On the plus side, it seems this latest release has fixed the connected ethernet devices display issues that have been problematic ever since the 0.07.05r update.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Concerning the System Log filters of the ARC LH1000, for the next firmware upgrade, can someone at Crowd Support please advise Arcadyan that the normal or logical way for the Log filters to work is if a user deselects ALL, then all filters should be automatically deselected, so the user can then manually select the filter(s) that he/she is interested in.

As it currently stands in 12.09r, if one wants to see only TR-069 for example, the user must first deselect ALL then manually deselect each of the other filters, leaving only TR-069 selected...it's messy and time consuming !

Cheers...

Highlighted

Hi all - I spotted a comment on Whirlpool dated 16 October 2020 regarding Firmware Version 0.12.15r. Wondering if anyone has it in case it has stopped the unnecessary health check entries in the Log screen of the Arcadyan. Mine is still on 0.12.9r happily filling the Log with Thor checks.

Highlighted

Mine is still on 0.12.09r, with the same useless log info..  but other than the log being chockablock, it doesn't seem to impact the modem performance (PMF issues have been the most common problems I have seen).

At my age I am well used to a surname starting with W means I am well towards the back off the line (which is handy sometimes).. 

I have seen mentions of 0.12.15r but no detail of change log, improvements etc. so far..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

I would have expected more posts (both here and on Whirlpool) re getting the 0.12.15r update, but it has gone very quiet.

Perhaps this release has been put on hold as well.This Game Optimiser rollout seems to be a bit bumpy, especially when it comes to the Arcadyan variant of the SM2.

Highlighted

Yes, I got the impression that the Game Optimiser option was going through a type of Beta trial with the Technicolor SM2 in October (dynamic changes made to the server from customer feedback in the Discussion Group) and the Arcadyan trial was scheduled to commence some time in November 2020.

I use to think that firmware updates rolled out in a formal structured manner on a quarterly basis, but recently I have seen a few instances in past forum posts where they appear to be happening sporadically with versions I have not seen before for both models. Perhaps a way of informally doing a Beta trial on new platforms as they are released and then correcting them if necessary which may explain why sometimes we get what a call a 'leapfrog' update, bypassing previous sequentially numbered versions.     

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more