G_J
Level 1: Cadet

DJA0230TLS and Egyptian Blue (20.3.c) firmware update

Just wondering if anyone else has notice 2 things with this router and firmware level.

1 - Max upload speed has decreased from the previous firmware level - Not a lot. I used to get between 21 and 23 Mbps max sync speed but now its 19.53 all the time. - this is the MAX line speed - NOT the 20mbps I have on my plan.

2 - DDNS - Not updating after a reboot or a new IP is assigned to the router. I use Dyndns and it has 100% worked under the old firmware but this version doesn't successfully update - just sits on Updating. I have to turn the IPV4 and IPV6 OFF then back on for it to work. A bit of a hassle when you never know when this router decides to get a new IP!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: DJA0230TLS and Egyptian Blue (20.3.c) firmware update

What is the full firmware version of your modem. My modem firmware version is 20.3.c.0329-MR19-RA there is a later version of Egyptian blue (20.3.c.0329-MR19-RB). I have not noticed any difference in maximum upload speed. The maximum upload speed is 12 Mbps on 50/20 plan. I also haven't noticed that my DDNS is not updating. I use NOIP.

G_J

Firmware Version

20.3.c.0329-MR19-RB

This is an annoying issue - router again today rebooted / got a new IP and again dyndns.org was not updated. I've even reset to factory defaults and added all the settings in again. 

Telstra Experts aren't that helpful - or I just got the only  not helpful one out there. Tried to tell me I did something wrong. As I explained ALL was working before the firmware update. I didn't change a thing. And there appears to no way of going back to the previous version. 
KESTRELAVIATION

My NBN modem has recently updated it's firmware to Version Egyptian Blue (20.3.c), the previous version was Champagne. This is the second time it has been rolled out,it was originally released a few weeks ago but rolled back to Champagne within a few days.

The Wireless Client Monitor has a bug in that the Data Rate is incorrectly reporting the PHY Rate.

Previously you could see the device actual data rate throughput in Kbps or Mbps.

I liked the older version as I could assess whether the kids were actually doing homework or watching Youtube..

This has got to be the buggiest firmware ever. When logged in to the modem it takes several seconds for pages to load.

cf4

I and several others have also noticed that the Wi-Fi monitor is now displaying the physical rate instead of the actual data rate. Before the Wi-Fi monitor only displayed the data rate for 2.4 GHz devices but at least it displayed the correct data rate.

The slowness in loading the modem's web pages only occurs after the Wi-Fi monitor. I noticed this slowness even with earlier versions of the software. The modem's GUI pages load normally if Wi-Fi monitor has not been used.

Grrr_Telstra
Level 2: Rookie

Since this firmware update my CCTV no longer allows me to view it on my mobile when not connected to WIFI. I used to be able to check out the cameras from work but all of a sudden it doesn't work. It appears the UPNP just doesn't wish to play ball. I can't work out the issue causing it and it is frustrating me to no end. 

Can anyone help? When it was set up 3 years ago it worked straight out of the box. CCTV is hard wired via Ethernet to the NBN FTTP modem. Works on WIFI, won't work via 5G!!! 

Jupiter

Do you connect to your CCTV cameras direct using the IP address, or do they run off a server system? It could be that your Mobile is now using an IPv6 address and the server isn't set up for that. The simple test/solution is to use a VPN on your mobile and see if you can access your CCTV feed via the mobile network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

Can you access the cameras remotely using a public WiFi hotspot?

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - I am not sure if the latest firmware has added UPnP Authentication as Default [ it came up that way on my test modem - everything Enabled and Version 1 preferred to take in legacy devices] . I don't know if it was the same options in previous software versions or more basic as I haven't had a need to look there before.

Given you had three years of fault free operation, do your CCTV cameras support UPnP Authentication from the device itself or the PVR itself - have you tried different configuration options for UPnP in the modem.

@cf4  - I hadn't noticed the differences between the Gen 2 modems for UPnP before - the Technicolor seems more advanced than the Arcadyan - has it always been that way in the past? Wil add to the Wiki Table.

cf4

@Mkrtich 

Yes the Technicolor modem has always had those UPNP setting. Even the T-Gateways (TG797n V3) had those UPNP settings.

Grrr_Telstra

I have tried on a different WiFi network and same result.

I have defaulted the PVR back to factory and set back up still doing the same thing.

I have also followed the instructions for port forwarding and a static lease in the router and still no help. 

Officially losing my mind!

Grrr_Telstra

Yes UpNP is native in the PVR. Have tried everything I can in that regard. 

Mkrtich

Puzzling, maybe a corruption to the modem's software on the last update.

Just to clarify a few things - it may assist you in discussions with Telstra Platinum Support. 

1. When you are home using the 5G phone connected to the WiFi Network - all OK. Is this action done through an external DDNS service you have programmed into the modem, a Cloud Server through an App or are you connecting straight to the PVR's IP Address. 

2. Do you only have one modem on your network.

3. Was the 5G mobile mobile acquired before the modem's firmware was updated and does your mobile phone has a single SIM, an eSIM or Dual SIM? 

4. Do you have another person in home with a 4G phone that can connect from external locations to your PVR.

5. When using the 5G phone at work connected to the 5G mobile network, it fails to connect to the PVR.

6. When you are at work or a trusted private network, is it usually possible to access your PVR from a PC or a Tablet?

7. When using the 5G phone connected to a private WiFi Network, it fails to connect to the PVR.

8. Does your mobile phone have CCTV App with a Data Download Saver Enabled or Background Apps Download Settings Disabled or do you access the CCTV system via a special weblink you have created.  

9. Have you Power Reset your 5G mobile and Reset the Cellular Data Settings in case it clears up the link.

cf4

What make and model is the CCTV? What app are you using to view the cameras?

Grrr_Telstra

Itis a UL-Tech Device and the app I use it called OK View.

Grrr_Telstra

Hi Sorry been busy with work so I'll try to answer these questions as best I can.

1. When you are home using the 5G phone connected to the WiFi Network - all OK. Is this action done through an external DDNS service you have programmed into the modem, a Cloud Server through an App or are you connecting straight to the PVR's IP Address. *I belive it connects through some type of server. You scan the QR code and when you go to connect to it it finds and sees the box - just says getting device status please try again.

2. Do you only have one modem on your network. yes. Telstra NBN FTTP

3. Was the 5G mobile mobile acquired before the modem's firmware was updated and does your mobile phone has a single SIM, an eSIM or Dual SIM? Single Sim & it's last years iPhone 12 Pro Max.

4. Do you have another person in home with a 4G phone that can connect from external locations to your PVR. No they cannot connect.

5. When using the 5G phone at work connected to the 5G mobile network, it fails to connect to the PVR. Correct.

6. When you are at work or a trusted private network, is it usually possible to access your PVR from a PC or a Tablet? No. 

7. When using the 5G phone connected to a private WiFi Network, it fails to connect to the PVR. Correct.

8. Does your mobile phone have CCTV App with a Data Download Saver Enabled or Background Apps Download Settings Disabled or do you access the CCTV system via a special weblink you have created.  Once you scan the code it should auto connect. It doesn't.

9. Have you Power Reset your 5G mobile and Reset the Cellular Data Settings in case it clears up the link. Yep tried that as well. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more