Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Does anyone have WiFi interference problems from a Sonos WiFi network?

Hi Crowdsupport

I am having WiFi interferance issues.

Current set up: CGD24N modem gateway bridged to WNDR3800 WiFi Router with Netcomm WiFi Range extender. I also have a Sonos BR100 ZoneBridge wireless networked with a Play5 and ZP90. 

Sonos claim their WiFi system does not interfer with my 802.11 b/g/n WiFi network. However, I wonder.

My domestic 802.11 b/g/n WiFi suffers from interferance and drop outs. When using laptops / iPads this is tolerable; however, when streaming movies to Apple TV and PS4 gaming, it is irritating. Accepting we also have wireless landline handsets and iPhones (and the usual kitchen appliances), could the Sonos network be conflicting with the 802.11 network and causing these dropouts?

I do love the Sonos system (quality sound!), but it too suffers drop outs, usually when kitchen appliances being used.

Thoughts?

David L.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Does anyone have WiFi interference problems from a Sonos WiFi network?

Have you tried changing the channel on your WiFi network? You may be on a congested frequency.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more