Level 2: Rookie

DSL stats on Smart modem DJA0231

Answered

Have been having problems with NBN dropouts on HFC connection for several weeks until a few days ago. Problem now mainly resolved. As part of the process I have been provided with and have installed a new Smart modem DJA 0231. I am learning my way around the interface. I can see an error log that contains enormously more entries than my old Fast 5355 modem. What I would like to see is the DSL performance stats on the new modem.
I have located the DSL stats page, but there is not a single error shown over the last 3 days since modem installed. The DSL stats page looks dead and unresponsive to me. Surely there would have been a single hiccup by now. Not even the Sync Bandwidth is shown. Do I need to activate the page somehow to get it running. Any suggestions please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: DSL stats on Smart modem DJA0231

The DSL stats are only enabled if you have a DSL link such as an ADSL or FTTN/B connection. They monitor the connection the modem's DSL port. HFC connections use the modem's WAN port.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The DSL stats are only enabled if you have a DSL link such as an ADSL or FTTN/B connection. They monitor the connection the modem's DSL port. HFC connections use the modem's WAN port.

View solution in original post

Level 2: Rookie

Disappointing, but Thanks very much for your reply cf4.
I also offer my huge appreciation for the enormous effort you have obviously put in to the unofficial user manual for the Smart Modem DJA0231. It is very impressive and very helpful document.
One small suggestion to consider in any update of the manual. ie indicate that the DSL Stats are not available with HFC connections.

Cheers, and thanks again cf4!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more