BUNGAR
Level 1: Cadet

Duplicate devices in Parental control dropdown

Answered

I have a F@st 5355TLS modem and i have added some devices under parental control.I have recently discovered that the devices i added have duplicated or tripled in the drop down list.Each time I go to parental control,in the drop down list i see the same device listed twice or thrice.Sometimes the device appears with the nickname  gave it and then further down the list it appears with its MAC address.How can i remove duplicates in parental control?Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Duplicate devices in Parental control dropdown

There are two ways that this could be happening.

1. The device is connected to the gateway by both WiFi and ethernet. The device will have one mac address for the WiFi and another for the ethernet connection and will appear twice in the list.
  2. The device has random MAC address turned on. The latest android and IOS operating system have the ability to randomise the MAC address. If this is the cause turn of random MAC address in the device.

The only way I know of for removing the multiple entries is to factory reset gateway.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

There are two ways that this could be happening.

1. The device is connected to the gateway by both WiFi and ethernet. The device will have one mac address for the WiFi and another for the ethernet connection and will appear twice in the list.
  2. The device has random MAC address turned on. The latest android and IOS operating system have the ability to randomise the MAC address. If this is the cause turn of random MAC address in the device.

The only way I know of for removing the multiple entries is to factory reset gateway.

View solution in original post

BUNGAR
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you i do have an apple time capsule connected via ethernet. So some devices also connect via its wifi signal and hence the issues. Good day

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more