ShaunAus
Level 2: Rookie

Eero set up with Telstra Smart Modem

Answered

Good morning, 

I recently bought an Eero and I have been trying to configure it with the Telstra smart modem, if I simply plug it in it works. However it is recommended I set it up with the modem in bridge mode to get the best experience from the Eero, unfortunately when I do this the internet doesn't work. 

Any suggestions. I have FTTN. 

Cheers

Shaun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Eero set up with Telstra Smart Modem

Did you turn WiFi off on the modem before Bridging it? The internet connection only has one IPv4 address. If you don't turn WiFi off a WiFi device will grab the only available IPv4 address. Also make sure te error is the only device connected to LAN of modem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cf4
Accepted Solution

Did you turn WiFi off on the modem before Bridging it? The internet connection only has one IPv4 address. If you don't turn WiFi off a WiFi device will grab the only available IPv4 address. Also make sure te error is the only device connected to LAN of modem.

View solution in original post

ShaunAus

@cf4 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't turn the WiFi off before tried to bridge as I was configuring the Modem via WiFi, but I'll get the old trusty cable out tonight and give it a go! 

Thanks again.

Shaun

ShaunAus

ShaunAus

I am up and running, thank you soon much!!

I am kicking myself it was something so simple Smiley Happy

cf4

When fault finding I always find it is best to start with the simplest and easiest to fix solution first and then gradually work you way up to the more complex and harder to implement solutions.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more