Level 2: Rookie

Elderly mother in law with heart condition with no phone, internet or mobile

My mother in law moved into a new NBN ready apartment on 16th October. Smart modem was ordered 17th October and we have been advised it will not arrive for another two weeks. ideas or suggestions. Mobile service is very poor, when we visit only reception seems to be outside on the balcony.

Why would it take over 3 weeks just to get a NBN modem. She has no phone no internet and no mobile.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Elderly mother in law with heart condition with no phone, internet or mobile

Hello @GrobJ If all that's require is a modem you may even be able to purchase one immediately in store to get up and running right away. Otherwise I'd recommend contacting Telstra Support directly 13 22 00 as this is a peer forum and knowledgebase rather than a contact channel for account related assistance. If your mother in law is a Priority Assist customer we may have alternative options to help sooner.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more