xroyvision
Level 1: Cadet

Faulty NBN NDD-0300 box

To whom it may concern.

Ive waited 2 days trying to get someone from Telstra to listen to the fact that I need a new NBN NDD-0300 box as the one that I have died during a thunderstorm on 22/01/2021.

There is no power to it ( have tried different powerpoints) , there are no blue lights flashing , it is dead.

And yes, my Telstra modem is still working so there is no outage in my area and yes, now I am using up my mobile data as the Telstra modem has switched over to it since it lost the NBN signal.

I need a new NBN box, its very simple request.

I don’t want to have to complain to the telecommunication Onmbudsman again but if I have to I will.

Regards,

Lawrence Andrews

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
xroyvision

NBN NDD-0300 box is dead

To whom it may concern.

Ive waited 2 days trying to get someone from Telstra to listen to the fact that I need a new NBN NDD-0300 box as the one that I have died during a thunderstorm on 22/01/2021.

There is no power to it ( have tried different powerpoints) , there are no blue lights flashing , it is dead.

And yes, my Telstra modem is still working so there is no outage in my area and yes, now I am using up my mobile data as the Telstra modem has switched over to it since it lost the NBN signal.

I need a new NBN box, its very simple request.

I don’t want to have to complain to the telecommunication Onmbudsman again but if I have to I will.

Regards,

Lawrence Andrews

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Faulty NBN NDD-0300 box

Have you tried using the chat messaging service from the My Telstra app?

After you log in to the app, go to the Get Help tab then click on the blue chat window..

To bypass Codi, type 'consultant' or 'speak to a consultant', click on the 3 dots, mark as urgent, then send..

You'll get put in a queue for someone to contact you back by message and start the chat you want.. It could take a while to get a that initial response, but so long as you don't log out and have Notifications enabled, you can close the app and do other more interesting things like watching paint dry, counting blades of grass on your lawn etc. while you wait for the response message..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Sjontori

Re: Faulty NBN NDD-0300 box

Yes xroyvision, I have the same problem when we had electrical storms in our area on the 15/01/2021.

I have contacted both Telstra and NBN and am still waiting for someone from Telstra and NBN to get in touch with me.

I have been advised that it could possibly be a fault at the pit in the street by cf4.

Anyway I was advised by Telstra after I reported the issue to them that I was on mobile data backup and to switch back to the fixed network using their troubleshooting page.   Trouble is it does not support the NBN fttc setups.

Go figure.

I would not bother with their chat service as it is woeful and a waste of time.

You would be better to ring Telstra Support 1800834273 and mention "complaint" at the prompt and speak with someone.    Note their name and get a reference number and write down what was discussed and the response.

Have you contacted NBN directly and reported the fault to them?

There is a terrific guide on the whirlpool forum about getting issues like these resolved... it's called

"Guide to getting NBN-related complaints resolved"

I will be waiting another week for my issue and then I will escalate it.

Hope this helps.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more