Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Firmware update in the future that will give additional Port Forw rules

Hi All, After being made to move to NBN (Feet kicking and crying like a baby) and having 10 years of Extreme Cable with a complicated network system setup at our home/office containing 50+ Wifi devices and 20+ wired devices utilising the Telstra Modem in bridge mode and a Linksys Velop WHW03 Mesh System with 3 nodes controlling everything from DHCP, Reserved static IP addresses for 20+ devices and much much more setup, all working so beautifully with no issues for such a long time, I now am stuck with the Arcadyan LH1000 Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 which has a few good points but is limited in many others. I really need the ability to at least have more than 10 Port Forwarding rules and port forward range rules and would love to be able to set more than 10 Reserved IP addresses. Does anyone here know if this will ever happen. If not is there any other ways of getting around these limitations. Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers Eff

Cryptocurrency enthusiast, social media, digital marketing enthusiast, technology obsessed, super dad by day, super hero by night!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Firmware update in the future that will give additional Port Forw rules

Since you don't use your home phone, you could ditch using the Telstra Smart modem (you would lose your automatic LTE backup).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

I am pretty sure both limitations will be fixed in a future update.

If you have an HFC or FTTC NBN connection you could connect the Linksys mesh directly to NBN box and if you need a phone service connect the Telstra modem's WAN port to a LAN port on the mesh.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Thank you cf4, I'm hoping it won't be long but knowing what Telstra is like with firmware updates we could be waiting a while.

Cryptocurrency enthusiast, social media, digital marketing enthusiast, technology obsessed, super dad by day, super hero by night!
Highlighted

I would be very surprised if the number of port forwarding rules is not increased in the next firmware update. Number of reserved address will probably also be increased, 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more