Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

firmware update reset user

Answered

I just noticed my modem has a slightly changed interface which I assume is from a pushed firmware update recently.  Apparantely this update has reverted the modem settings back to a default "newdsluser" username.  To check this, I logged on to my billing account details for Internet and can see that it shows no data used for the last couple of months??

I'm on an unlimited data plan anyway so its no big deal, but thought I'd check if this is something a) that Telstra was aware of and b) something that could affect my online activity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: firmware update reset user

Data usage has not been counted since March due to everyone being on unlimited plans as part of the Covid-19 response.

The username can be reset by firmware updates occasionally (really is shouldn't), and it only affects ADSL/VDSL (FTTN/B/C) users.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Data usage has not been counted since March due to everyone being on unlimited plans as part of the Covid-19 response.

The username can be reset by firmware updates occasionally (really is shouldn't), and it only affects ADSL/VDSL (FTTN/B/C) users.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thks for the reply. Cheers.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more