chrismiddleton
Level 1: Cadet

forgotton admin password technicolor Tg799vac

Answered

I have a technicolor Tg799vac and reset the admin password (and did not record it) I have resset the modem. However I still can not access the device from a browser.

I have tried all the numbers on the base of the unit (I think the AK was the password)

Is ther anyway to recover the password, reset to password, or reset the default password?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: forgotton admin password technicolor Tg799vac

OK Chris I think this might be the solution to your access problem. You say you have done a full reset of the unit try this for me mate:

username is: admin
pasword is: password

Also make sure you try to access settings etc at the following web address: 10.0.0.138

Let us know if this does the trick...

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
DEANJA

2 more things to try Chris, 1) leave the password blank or 2) User Admin, password Admin.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

DEANJA
Accepted Solution

OK Chris I think this might be the solution to your access problem. You say you have done a full reset of the unit try this for me mate:

username is: admin
pasword is: password

Also make sure you try to access settings etc at the following web address: 10.0.0.138

Let us know if this does the trick...

Signature.gif

View solution in original post

serpentine

HI Chris

Did you resolve this as i am having the same problem with no success ????

jamesray

There is no button to be felt after prodding around in the pinhole, and I am not able to reset it. admin and admin, and admin and password don't work. The page is the same whether it's mygateway or 10.0.0.138.
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jamesray, 

It doesn't feel like a button as the action is very slight, but resetting it should be as easy as following these instructions:

Reset the T-Gateway (TG799) to factory default settings.

Get a paperclip, or something similar, and press and hold it into the reset hole at the back of the T-Gateway, keep in pressed in for 15 seconds, after the lights turn off. Give it 2-5 minutes to reconnect to the internet.

After doing this you should be able to access the modem admin interface by pointing your web browser to 10.0.0.138.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more