elsuper
Level 1: Cadet

Gateway Max not connecting to switch

Hi All,

Ive been running my gateway max connected to a switch which in turn feeds my TV, xbox, foxtel, WDTV ect since I had NBN installed in October. Same set up different modem on ADSL.

Last weekend I lost connections on everything connected to the switch.

If I plug any of the devices in directly to the feed from the modem, same port and same internal wiring as where the switch was, they work. I can see the devices connecting through the modem interface and use them no issues when directly connected, but cant see the switch or use anything connected to it when I plug it in.

I went out and purchased a new switch today and same thing.

I've reset and restarted the modem and disabled Telstra Air but still nothing. It seems as if something changed in the modem last weekend and its now not letting the switch work/assigning IP address, im not sure. I am sure that I did not change anything which makes this realy frustrating.

Tech support are unable to help and platinum although advertised as 24/7 didn't answer after 90 minutes on the phone.

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Gateway Max not connecting to switch

Hi elsuper, 

Could it be possible that the new device is faulty as well?  It may also be a faulty LAN port on the modem, try connecting the switch into all the yellow LAN ports to see if there if issue is only with one port.

The other thing I would suggest you try is to reset the Telstra modem back to it's factory settings, this may resolve any conflict between your switch and the modem.

To do this get a paperclip, or something similar, and press and hold it into the reset hole at the back of the T-Gateway, keep in pressed in for 15 seconds. Give it 2-5 minutes to reconnect to the internet. 

Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Alvinc77
Level 1: Cadet

Exactly the same issue........anyone????

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Alvinc77 - Have you tried the suggestions made by Kenobi or contacted Telstra Platinum on 137 587 for assistance with this? 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more