Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Gateway Max says conencted to my Cable has been up & running xx amount of mins, but cannot accessweb

Answered

HI all, hiopefull ysoemonme on ehre can do better than teh 3/4 hour I spent with Telstra Tech suppoort. Who just gave up and said try again in 2 hours to see if conencted, well I have and tried to ring support number ands wauit time is over 30 minutes,.and I am way from imrpessed about this.

New gateway Max modem is all connected and activated and all lights are green as they should be, have rebooted it more than once

But I cannot get any Inetrnet access be in via lan on pc or wifi via Iphone, Ipad, and yes they are paired correctly.

What gives with this?

Hopefully a Telstar rep reads this.

Thanks

Phil

Satus of modem one can see from image below.

Gateway Status.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Gateway Max says conencted to my Cable has been up & running xx amount of mins, but cannot a

don't know how, but it comame on fully after I posted above, only thing I did was check Coxial cable conenction was tight, seemed to be, but maybe I did enough to get it to fully connect anyway problem solved

Thanks

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Gateway Max says conencted to my Cable has been up & running xx amount of mins, but cannot a

Assuming you are still having connection problems, can you go toi the "Broadband Connection" Tab on the mdeom homepage and post what it is showing there?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi thanks for reply.  I have limited Inetrnet access according to network adaptor and I can ping telstra or google for example using Dos CMD, and it finds their ISP numbers, but pings time out.

Also if I run web browser again, it wants me to log in with bigpond user name and activate modem again.

Even though it has been.   Thanks Phil

Yep see below.

bb connection.jpg

Accepted Solution

don't know how, but it comame on fully after I posted above, only thing I did was check Coxial cable conenction was tight, seemed to be, but maybe I did enough to get it to fully connect anyway problem solved

Thanks

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more