Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Gateway Modem and Foxtel

I have the NBN fibre cable to my house with a Telstra Gateway modem connected to it and another ethernet cable from the modem into my T box which I can get Presto on.

With the imminent closure of Presto and Telstra’s ditching the T box I’m looking at taking up the current 1000gig broadband + Foxtel on IQ2 home bundle. This will replace Presto and the T box.

I want the ability to watch free to air and Foxtel content and record it all on one single device if possible.

Can I connect the IQ2 up to the Telstra Gateway modem via a cable and receive the Foxtel channels from the NBN along with the free to air channels all on the IQ2?

Does streaming Foxtel affect your monthly Telstra broadband allowance, I.e. is it unmetered or metered if it’s part of a Telstra home bundle?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Gateway Modem and Foxtel

Hi Traco1

Simply put - no you can't use the service in this way. 

The Foxtel service would come from a Satellite on your roof. It doesn't come over the internet, so it doesn't use your usage. The exception is some of the On Demand features - where you download the movie/ show from the On Demand menu. These use the internet, however they are unmetered. 

The Free to Air Channels can't come through your IQ2 box if you have the NBN, they'll need to continue coming from your antenna, into an alternative device.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more