Brumster
Level 1: Cadet

GEN 2 Modem / SONOS / IP Cam problem

Hi all, I have a really strange problem. I have two IP cameras that are port forwarded which have static IP’s. I access these cameras remotely through a dynamic DNS service. I also have a SONOS system. Both of these systems have been working fine when I had a Telstra GEN 1 Smart Modem. I recently received a GEN 2 version when I purchased a Booster. When I set up my IP cams using the same configurations that I had on the Gen 1, I found that I could no longer “see” my SONOS system, with the SONOS app saying SONOS system not found. After extensive fault diagnosis and numerous reboots of all the systems and modem, I discovered that if I disabled the port forwarding the SONOS system would reappear. I then changed the Modems over (GEN 2 to GEN 1) with the ports forwarded and everything worked fine. Again I swapped the Modems back (GEN 1 to GEN 2), enabled the forwarded ports, SONOS system not found, disabled the forwarded ports and the SONOS system reappeared. Does anybody know if there is a setting I have to adjust on GEN 2 modem to cure this problem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: GEN 2 Modem / SONOS / IP Cam problem

There are two versions of the gen 2 modem, one made by Technicolor (DJA0231) and the other made by Arcadyan (LH1000). Which version do you have and what is its firmware? The firmware version is displayed on the LHS of the modem's login in page. The LH1000  that have early versions of firmware have a bug that effects traffic between WiFi and LAN devices. Even with the latest firmware I have noticed that some traffic is throttled between LAN and WiFi when port forwarding is enabled. 

If your modem is the LH1000 and has an early version of the software problem might be fixed by updating firmware. Current firmware is 0.13.01r.

Brumster
Level 1: Cadet

Re: GEN 2 Modem / SONOS / IP Cam problem

Thanks cf4

I have just checked. My model is Arcadyn LH1000 with the current firmware of 0.13.01r

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more