Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Gen2 Smart Modem light remains blue

Answered

Hi all,

I received and installed my Gen 2 Smart Modem yesterday - all 100% as per the instructions. The light on the front of the modem is still showing that it’s running on the Mobile backup connection (blue) ... 12 hours after installation. How long does it take to switch to green (NBN connection) or does it mean there is an issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Gen2 Smart Modem light remains blue

OK. Fixed the accepted solution problem, now for the internet connection.

On the NBN NTD, what are the lights doing there? I am assuming that you have plugged the modem in to the UNI-D1 socket on the NTD. You may need to try the other UNI-D sockets as sometimes the service can be provisioned on another port (each of the UNI-D1-4 ports can carry an independent service - so theoretically you could have a home service and a business service on different ports, even with different providers).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

If correct UNI-D port is connected to modem's WAN port the blue light should change to green within a couple of minutes. WAN/DSL light on back of modem should turn green as soon as correct UNI-D port is connected to modem's WAN port.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Were you given a date for your NBN installation/activation?

What type of internet connection did you have previously (if any) and what type of NBN connection are you getting?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

We’ve just moved into this house. Installation and connection date were given as June 24th. I received and installed the modem on the 25th.

We’ve not had internet locally for 3 years - been living overseas. The connection we’re

getting now is FTTP (already installed and used by previous owner of the house).

Highlighted

Sorry - accidentally marked as accepted solution. We’re still a way from solving this ... 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

OK. Fixed the accepted solution problem, now for the internet connection.

On the NBN NTD, what are the lights doing there? I am assuming that you have plugged the modem in to the UNI-D1 socket on the NTD. You may need to try the other UNI-D sockets as sometimes the service can be provisioned on another port (each of the UNI-D1-4 ports can carry an independent service - so theoretically you could have a home service and a business service on different ports, even with different providers).

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter,

Yes - connected to the UNI-D1.

Thanks ... I’ll try that.

How long does the blue light normally stay blue after connection ... provided the correct port is found?

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If correct UNI-D port is connected to modem's WAN port the blue light should change to green within a couple of minutes. WAN/DSL light on back of modem should turn green as soon as correct UNI-D port is connected to modem's WAN port.

Highlighted

Sorted!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more