Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Has firmware rollout for C6300BD been further delayed?

I've seen nothing from Shelly today about the rollout of the firmware update for the C6300BD gateway having got underway this morning. I understood from one of her recent posts that was the plan, subject to something failing the test.

Does that mean something did fail in last minute testing, or is the rollout just running behing schedule?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Has firmware rollout for C6300BD been further delayed?

I have bridged my C6300 and handed routing duties to a Netgear R7000. So far - touch wood - there have been no loss of connectivity and IP reservation works.

Assuming a new firmware is released for the C6300 - would there be any point in taking the trouble to update to it? Or would the update be pushed through by Telstra nonetheless? 

Highlighted

Thank you for the e-mail below, I would like to apologies for the delay in having the firmware updated.  Unfortunately we do not have an exact time frame as to when this shall be completed.

However you have been supplied a copy of the link where you may go and  monitor the completion.

Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

FredGunn,

Sorry, would have responded earlier, but forum Reply button wasn't appearing.

The firmware updates are pushed automatically, and we were advised earlier that the units would receive the update even if they have been "bridged".

I hope that is the case, because my C6300DB is bridged and connected to an Asus RT-AC68U router. It did however receive the earlier 5510_V10402 update before that rollout was stoppped.

I think it is worth getting the update even if only used as a modem at the moment, because once the DHCP allocation problem is resolved, it can be easily put back into service as a gateway if something goes wrong with the router.

Highlighted

Hardware Version     C6300BD-202
Software Version     5510_V10410
Software Version(Linux)     2.6.30.V1.04.10

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

I got the C6300BD on Friday and firmware 5510_V10410 was pushed out to me yesterday afternoon.

I do seem to have had some instability this afternoon within the local network. As this setup is so new for me it's hard to say whether it's related to the upgrade. I decided to power down the box and power it back up anyway.

Some interesting differences. Whereas it appeared you could have 10 guest networks set up for 2.4 and 5 GHz it now appears there is only one slot. I was confused as to why you'd need extras. I'm guessing that's to make way for the guest networks on the Telstra Air tab. I guess you'd want one per client to enforce the isolation. 

My broadband speeds appear to unaffected but I don't have speedboost.

I am NOT in bridge mode. I intend to use the 5GHz and faster 2.4GHz of this in conjunction with my old faithful WRT54GLs.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

what is the latest fw avaiable for C6300BD-202 from telstra?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Currently, the latest firmware version for the C6300 is 5510_V10413.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more