badabing
Level 1: Cadet

HFC and Telstra gateway

Hi

Recently moved into new house with HFC on Telstra.

I have my Telstra NBN Modem plugged into the NBN conversion box that is plugged into the coaxial? Cable outlet in the house.

All green lights on the NBN box but I keep getting messages from Telstra telling me the modem is still running on 4g.

All green lights on the back of the Telstra modem.

On the back of the NBN box where the UNI-D1 port is which I have connected to the Telstra modem into the WAN port it is not flashing the usual green but is instead organge.

Just spent an hour waiting for Telstra tech support.

Any ideas thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: HFC and Telstra gateway

Orange light indicate the UNI-Di1 port is connected at 100 Mbps instead of 1000 Mbps and the not flashing indicates no data is being transmitted. The Mobile light on back of modem being green indicates that modem is in 4 G backup.

Have you tried factory resetting modem by pressing reset button on back of modem near LAN port 2 for at least 11 seconds.

badabing
Level 1: Cadet

I’m afraid not when I log into the modem it says dhcp connecting but not connected if that means anything

cf4

The image in section 5 of the document attached to this post shows what expect if the modem is connected on the main link. The image is for an FTTN connection. If your link is working correctly it will have an IPv4 and possibly an IPv6 address. If on 4G backup there will only be an IPv6 address.

Technicolor modem

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-...

Arcadyan modem

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smart-Modem-Gen-2-Arcadyan-version-LH...

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more